In order to ensure a safe service and the well-being of our passengers, collaborators, and the communities we visit, Amazonas Explorer is implementing new health and social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while travelling with us.
In order to ensure this, we have developed a set of biosafety and hygiene measures and protocols in accordance with the recommendations established by the competent Peruvian and International entities: Ministry of Health – MINSA, Ministry of Tourism and Foreign Trade MINCETUR, Peruvian Association of Adventure Tourism, Ecotourism and Specialized Tourism, APTAE and the ATTA – Adventure Travel Trade Association.
As an Amazonas Explorer policy, safety on our trips has always been our top priority. All of our activities have been carefully evaluated and each has a detailed documented risk analysis. Due to the nature of our trips, activities take place in the great outdoors, in remote places, which facilitates social distancing and are therefore considered low-risk. In more crowded places, such as archaeological sites or popular hiking routes such as the Inca Trail, our itineraries are designed to avoid high traffic hours, thus avoiding crowds. As always, our larger groups will be separated into small groups of a maximum of eight (8) people per guide. Click here to learn about our new Terms & Conditions and flexible booking policies during this time.
1. We are a company authorized by the Ministry of Health of Peru (MINSA) and validated by the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (MINCETUR). We evaluate and only work with authorized suppliers. A) Sectorial Health Protocol for Covid-19 in Adventure Tourism, Canoeing, and Hiking.
B) Plan for the Surveillance, Prevention, and Control of Covid19.
2. We have a contingency plan for any eventuality or symptom related to COVID-19, and have strategically allied with Clínica Peruano Suiza (Cusco) following the guidelines of the Regional Health Direction (DIRESA Cusco).
3. We have implemented minimum contact measures, reducing the interaction between people, equipment, and food.
4. All our equipment, spaces, and vehicles will follow rigorous disinfection measures as established by the competent entities.
5. Professional guides trained in Covid-19 for the correct monitoring of each of our passengers.
Our commitment is permanent, the preventive health measures will be applied before, during, and at the end of each operation. Our staff in all areas and all our suppliers have been trained so that safety is reflected at every moment of your trip.
– Following the Health Trilogy as the main preventive measure (Proper use of the mask, Constant washing and disinfection of hands, and Social Distancing).
– Temperature Monitoring and Control: Before starting the activity, at the end, when entering public establishments such as restaurants, hotels, museums, and vehicles.
– Thorough disinfection of all gear and equipment adequate to each specific activity.
– Control and selection of suppliers that comply with the appropriate protocols.
– Emergency telephone number available 24/7 to assist you in case of any COVID-19 symptoms and activate the contingency protocol.
– Monitoring and strict compliance of our protocols by all our staff members and suppliers:
We create safe, responsibly run adventures in Cusco and the Sacred Valley for lovers of the great outdoors. We are a Certified B Corps and hold all Adventure Licenses for the activities we offer.
Avenida Collasuyo 910, Miravalle, Cusco
9am – 4pm local time (GMT-5)