You probably know Peru is famous for Machu Picchu, and for treks such as the Inca Trail. But did you know Peru has some of the top multi-day rafting trips in the world?
Amazonas Explorer started more than thirty years ago as a rafting company. With time we diversified, but we still offer some of the best rafting in Peru. We use only the best equipment and the most experienced and best-trained guides.
Apurimac rafting – the Granite Canyon ( 3 days) This is the classic Peru rafting trip.
- Voted one of the best ten rivers in the world
- Grade 3 to 5 rapids
- Beautiful beach camps
- You do not need to have experience, just be a good swimmer and up for excitement
Fixed departures: 16 May, 20 June, 23 June, 18 July, 15 August, 19 September, 17 October.
Apurimac rafting- the Black Canyon ( 4 days) One of the hidden gems of Peru rafting
- Grade 3 to 4 rapids in a wilderness setting
- The perfect mix of fun, challenge and relaxed floating down the river
- Chances to see otters, Torrent Ducks, Andean Foxes, even Condor
- Ideal for families with teenagers
Fixed departure: 14 to 17 June. Private May to October
11 day Raft the Tambopata Ultimate wildlife and rafting combination
- The best wildlife rafting trip in the world
- Superb grade 4 rapids
- Great for families
- A proper old school rafting expedition into the jungle
Fixed departure 5 to 13 September. Private March to November.
11 day Raft the Cotahuasi The ultimate rafting challenge
- Non stop Grade IV to V rapids
- Remote, challenging expedition
- Only for experienced rafters
- Inca ruins and the deepest canyon in the world
Fixed departure 31 May to 10 June. Private May to November.